Bookbinding for the absolute beginner!
Sunday 30th May
10am - 1pm
We will be making a selection of small notebooks & a gift bag using a combination of folding, sticking & sewing - nothing too complicated!
Included in the cost is a wonderful bookbinding tool kit that you can take home afterwards and use again and again.
What we'll cover:
- How to fold paper for bookmaking
- Making a simple folded notebook
- Make a sewn pamphlet with laminated covers
- Making a 16 page notebook with a pocket
- Making a 16 page stab binding notebook
- Making a simple gift bag to take away all your lovely notebooks!
- Awl (for making holes)
- Bone Folder
- Bookbinding needles
- Bookbinding thread
What you'll need to bring (all other materials & tools will be provided):
- Small pair of scissors (or scalpel/craft knife & cutting mat)
- Ruler (preferably metal)
Gill Smith is a local artist who's artwork takes a variety of forms – printmaking (both traditional and digital), layered cut paper collages and artist books.